-
Advertorial
-
FOCUS
-
Guide
-
Lifestyle
-
Tech and Vogue
-
TechandScience
-
CHTF Special
-
Nanshan
-
Futian Today
-
Hit Bravo
-
Special Report
-
Junior Journalist Program
-
World Economy
-
Opinion
-
Diversions
-
Hotels
-
Movies
-
People
-
Person of the week
-
Weekend
-
Photo Highlights
-
Currency Focus
-
Kaleidoscope
-
Tech and Science
-
News Picks
-
Yes Teens
-
Budding Writers
-
Fun
-
Campus
-
Glamour
-
News
-
Digital Paper
-
Food drink
-
Majors_Forum
-
Speak Shenzhen
-
Shopping
-
Business_Markets
-
Restaurants
-
Travel
-
Investment
-
Hotels
-
Yearend Review
-
World
-
Sports
-
Entertainment
-
QINGDAO TODAY
-
In depth
-
Leisure Highlights
-
Markets
-
Business
-
Culture
-
China
-
Shenzhen
-
Important news
在线翻译:
szdaily -> Entertainment -> 
Geoffrey Rush ‘suffering tremendous hardship’
    2018-04-12  08:53    Shenzhen Daily

OSCAR winner Geoffrey Rush is “virtually housebound” and “barely eats” after a Sydney newspaper claimed he engaged in inappropriate behavior at a theater, his lawyer said Monday during a defamation case.

The 66-year-old actor is suing Sydney’s Daily Telegraph after a front-page story in November reported that the Sydney Theater Company had received a complaint about him when he was working there.

The veteran Australian star has denied any wrongdoing and his lawyer Nicholas Pullen said in an affidavit Monday that Rush has “continued to suffer tremendous emotional and social hardship.”

The legal document said he was “virtually housebound” and, in the first three months after the publication, “rarely left his home.”

The affidavit said that as a direct result of the report, which received international coverage, Rush found he was “constantly associated” locally and overseas with the global #MeToo movement against sexual harassment.

In December, he resigned as head of the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts, which he had led for several years.

He won the best actor Academy Award in 1997 for his role in “Shine” and is one of the few stars to have also won Emmy and Tony prizes.

Daily Telegraph had said previously that it had accurately reported the complaint against Rush and would defend the case in court.

(SD-Agencies)

深圳报业集团版权所有, 未经授权禁止复制; Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Shenzhen Daily E-mail:szdaily@szszd.com.cn

33| 868| 873| 330| 379| 946| 883| 749| 682| 229|